12/08/2011

Moomin world

Do you know Moomin? Actually I didn't know about that character until I went to Naantali which is located in the west of Turku. The Moomins are the central characters in a series of books and a comic strip by Swedish-Finn illustrator and writer Tove Jansson, originally published in Swedish by Schildts in Finland. They are a family of trolls who are white and roundish, with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses.
Many Japanese know Moomin and like this character because Moomin animation have been very popular in Japan. So when I traveled to Naantali with my Japanese friends, they really excitied to see Moomin. And they often go Naantali and buy somthing for their Japanese friends. But I know that character at that time.
Moomins are so cute but I didn't interested in take photo with him or somthing. And entrance fee is also expensive.
If you are interested in Moomin world and want to go there, you should go to this page. http://www.muumimaailma.fi/ This homepage can also translate in English.
Lastly, I want to introduce this youtube video.
This is the opening theme song from the English dub of the Moomin animation from the early 90s.

No comments:

Post a Comment