12/05/2011

Finnish


Did you see this video? I found 'How to learn Finnish' in youtube.
When I decided to go to Finland for exchange students, I thought that I should learn Finnish before I go to Finland. So I bought Finnish dictionary and watched these video. After I arrived in Finland, I almost forget how to pronounce Finnish words or something. I just remember 'Hyvaa hyvaa' in TV advertisement. (you know what? hyvaa means 'good' in English.) Then I studied 'Finnish for exchange students' in school. At first, I learned the alphabet, words and sentences. But the more I learned, the more I felt difficulty in learning Finnish.
So one day, I asked my Finnish friend. "It was so hard to learn Finnish. So difficult!." and then he said to me " Yes, I admitted about that. The most difficult to learn language in the world is Finnish." And I said to him "Finnish is different grammar style compared to English and have a special accent. So many people feel difficult."
But I have tried to learn Finnish for 6 months. And I can say simple sentences in Finnish. :)
If you interested in learning a minority language, I recommended to learn Finnish!
Tips! My blog name is 'Suomi world'. Suomi is Finland in Finnish. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment